Polyurethane O-Rings, Polyurethane Gaskets & Polyurethane Seals
Ace Seal offers polyurethane o-rings in standard inch and metric sizes, and polyurethane gaskets and polyurethane seals in custom profiles and configurations that are customized to your specifications. We can provide polyurethane o-rings, gaskets, and seals in standard durometers of 70 or 90, with custom durometers available to meet your needs. A variety of colors are also available.
Features of Ace Seal’s Polyurethane Elastomer Products
- Resistant to: high pressure hydraulic fluids, abrasion, oil, grease, chemicals, high impact, cracking, cuts, heavy loads, ozone, oxygen
- Not for use with: alcohols, hot water, steam
- Temperature range: -60° to 225°F (-51° to 107°C)
- Hardness range (durometer): 70-90
- Standard hardness: 70
- Standard colors: translucent or black; custom colors available upon request
- Primarily used for drive belts
Polyurethane Chemical Compatibility & Characteristics
If polyurethane is not compatible with your application, view our chemical compatibility chart to find a material with the properties you need.
- Abrasion resistance: Excellent
- Ozone resistance: Excellent
- Weather resistance: Excellent
- Tensile strength: Excellent
- Tear resistance: Good to excellent
- Heat resistance: Fair to good
- Cold resistance: Good
- Oil resistance: Good
- Impermeability: Fair to good
- Dynamic resistance: Fair
- Electrical properties: Fair
- Set resistance: Fair
- Acid resistance: Poor
- Chemical resistance: Poor
- Flame resistance: Poor
- Water steam resistance: Poor
What is Polyurethane? General Properties, Compatibility & More
Polyurethane is an elastomer composited of organic units joined by urethane links. This material is used to make everything from foam sponges to automotive bushings to synthetic fibers like Spandex.
Polyurethane o-rings, polyurethane gaskets, and polyurethane seals are ideal for applications that need rubber- or plastic-characteristics, but with the durability to survive challenging environments that these materials could not. They exhibit excellent abrasion resistance, chemical resistance, elasticity, and rebound. Polyurethane is also highly resistant to abrasion, cuts, cracking, high impact, and heavy loads.
Common applications for polyurethane gaskets, etc., include bulk material transfer systems, hydrostatic testing, liquid transfer systems, nondestructive testing, automotive, and hydraulics.
Contact Us for Polyurethane O-Rings, Gaskets & Seals
If you’re looking for polyurethane seals, gaskets, or o-rings in standard or custom configurations, you’ve come to the right place. Request a quote today or contact Ace Seal for more information on polyurethane elastomer materials.
We stock a wide variety of seals that are available the same dayContact Us