Viton® O-Rings & Seals
Ace Seal offers fluorocarbon o-rings and seals manufactured from Viton®. We can provide Viton® o-rings and seals in all standard sizes, as well as in custom configurations to meet the specific needs of your application, including FDA, NSF, and 3A requirements.
Order your AS568 standard O-rings today, or contact us to discuss your custom requirements.
Viton® FKM O-Ring Products
We manufacture Viton® O-Rings and Seals Using a Variety of Common Resins:
- Type A (Dipolymers of VF2/HFP)
- Type B (Terpolymers of VF2/HFP/TFE)
- Type F (Terpolymers of VF2/HFP/TFE)
- Specialty Viton® materials
Characteristics of Viton® O-Rings & Seals
- Temperature range: -20°F to 400°F (-29°C to 204°C)
- Standard hardness: 70-75 Shore A
- Hardness range: 50-95
- Standard colors: black, brown
Viton® Chemical Compatibility & Characteristics
If Viton® is not compatible with your application, view our chemical compatibility chart to find the right material for your specific needs.
- Acid resistance: Excellent
- Flame resistance: Excellent
- Heat resistance: Excellent
- Oil resistance: Excellent
- Ozone resistance: Excellent
- Weather resistance: Excellent
- Dynamic resistance: Good to excellent
- Set resistance: Good to excellent
- Tensile strength: Good to excellent
- Abrasion resistance: Good
- Chemical resistance: Good
- Impermeability: Good
- Tear resistance: Fair to good
- Water steam resistance: Fair to good
- Cold resistance: Fair
- Electrical properties: Fair
Material Options for Viton® Fluorocarbon O-Rings
We work with a variety of Viton® material options. The Viton® family of fluorocarbon materials is comprised of copolymers of HFP (hexafluoropropylene) and VDF or VF2 (vinylidene fluoride); terpolymers of TFE (tetrafluoroethylene), VDF (vinylidene fluoride), and HFP (hexafluoropropylene); and PMVE (perfluoromethylvinylether) containing specialty additives. Most grades of Viton® include 66-70% fluorine content.
A (Dipolymers of VF2/HFP)
Type A Viton® polymers are used for general purpose o-rings, including automotive and aerospace applications. These materials feature 66% fluorine content.
B (Terpolymers of VF2/HFP/TFE)
Type B Viton® polymers are formulated for use in chemical processing plants, power/utility applications, and the like. These materials include 68% fluorine content.
F (Terpolymers of VF2/HFP/TFE)
Type F Viton® o-rings and seals are highly resistant to oxygenated automotive fuels, concentrated aqueous inorganic acids, water, and steam. Fluorine content of these materials is roughly 70%.
Specialty Viton® Materials
Specialized types of Viton® include GLT, GBLT, GFLT, and Viton® extreme (copolymers of TFE/propylene and ethylene/TFE/PMVE). These materials are ideal for automotive applications, oil exploration, special sealing requirements, and ultra-harsh environments.
Custom Viton® Approvals
Utilizing specialty compounds and processes, Ace Seal can provide Viton® o-rings, etc., to meet the following specifications:
- Class IV
Contact Us for Viton® O-Rings & Seals
Viton® is a registered trademark of The Chemours Company.
We stock a wide variety of seals that are available the same dayContact an Expert